Third London attacker identified

In a statement Tuesday, authorities said they arrested a 27-year-old man this morning. Much like the assailants in the two earlier attacks, these men had British roots and were peripheral to the focus of security agencies.

Zaghba was said to have been placed on a watch list by Italian authorities and flagged to their Moroccan and British counterparts, but a lack of evidence about his intentions meant his phone and passport were returned, Italian media reported.

According to the reports, Zaghba was born in Fez, Morocco, and never lived for any extended period in Italy.

Corriere wrote that Zaghba was stopped at Bologna airport in 2016 when he was trying to fly to Syria via Turkey, and that Italian authorities had tipped off Britain about his movements. And just two days before the United Kingdom election, Prime Minister Theresa May has faced a barrage of criticism for cutting 20,000 officers from the police force in her time as Home Secretary.

The other two attackers were identified Monday as Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane.

All three men were shot dead by police within eight minutes of receiving an emergency call on Saturday night.

Djokovic wins second set against Schwartzman
Friday's victory was his 100th best-of-five-set match on the slow surface, and he now has a staggering win-loss ratio of 98-2. Schwartzman is hoping to beat a top-10 player for the first time .

This afternoon Scotland Yard released the name of the "third" London attacker, Youssef Zaghba, after releasing names of the other two yesterday.

There has been no official comment on the reports from United Kingdom authorities, but Scotland Yard said Zaghba was not a police or MI5 "subject of interest". They have informed the deceased's family as well, mentioned UPI report.

"Our intelligence has notified to British intelligence the circumstances of this Italian-Moroccan who has been suspected of terrorist activities in Italy", Roberti was quoted as saying during a conference at the interior ministry by Italian wire service La Presse. "He was not a police or MI5 subject of interest". Twelve were later released.

On Tuesday, counter-terror officers were searching a property in Ilford, east London, after entering the address at around 01:30 BST. Nobody has been detained at that location.

Police reportedly found IS propaganda videos on his cellphone, but after an investigation, they failed to find sufficient evidence of links to terrorism to justify prosecuting him.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson acknowledged the security services had to provide answers.

Here's our first look at Apple's new HomePod smart speaker
Apple is also bringing the ability to pay back a friend or other individual through its payment service, Apple Pay. It's obviously no standalone subwoofer, but it outperforms what you'd expect from a speaker of this size.

'I can't answer that question now'.

Valeria Collina, a Muslim convert, says her son Youssef Zaghba had wanted to go to Syria to start a family - not to fight - since he had believed that he could find "pure Islam" there. "From his face, from his look, I could see there was a radicalization, as you say, and this happened in England, absolutely". "However, there was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritized accordingly", he said.

According to the mother of 22-year-old Zaghba, he became radicalised online, echoing concerns raised by British Prime Minister Theresa May that the internet can be fertile ground for breeding extremism.

"Additionally, there are around 20,000 individuals who are former subjects of interest, whose risk remains subject to review by MI5 and its partners". The attacker was then "neutralised" by police, he added.

Butt is alleged to have been an associate of convicted British hate preacher Anjem Choudary, but it goes further than that: his neighbors reported him to an anti-terror hotline.

Butt had worked for the London Underground for six months past year as a trainee customer services assistant, Transport for London told the BBC. Residents in the area confirmed the search. It is believed he used Irish jurisdiction to get a European Union permit allowing him to be in the UK.

Konta crashes at Roland Garros
Seventh seed Johanna Konta was knocked out of the French Open against Taiwan's Hsieh Su-Wei in the first round on Tuesday. I think she played well and consistently well, especially those last two sets.

The third attacker, Rachid Radouane, 30, also from Barking, was not known to the security services.

  • Jermaine Castillo